Ads 468x60px

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Family

"Because families are ordained of God, they are the most important social unit in time and in eternity" (PMG p.32).  Each of us is given an incredible gift in this life, family.  When I first hear the word "family", I think of my immediate family: mom, dad, brothers, and sisters.  After thinking more about it, everyone in this world is a part of my family.  We are all sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father.  He knows each of us individually.  He knows our strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, desires, and our potential.  As we view everyone as a beloved son or daughter of God, a brother or sister, we will have a greater love for them.  Each person on this earth has divine potential.  How much better would this world be if we could all see each other as children of god with endless potential?  I love my family dearly.  They mean everything to me.  I know that if I can have that same love for everyone, I will be that much closer to becoming like our Savior. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...