Ads 468x60px

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our "Pillar of Light"

16....I saw a pillar of clight exactly over my head, above the brightness of the dsun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.

  17 It no sooner appeared than I found myself adelivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I bsaw two cPersonages, whose brightness and dglory defy all description, estanding above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My fBeloved gSon. Hear Him! (Joseph Smith History 1:16-17 (http://scriptures.lds.org/en/js_h/1)) 
When Joseph Smith inquired of the Lord, he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ.  Not all of us will have an experience like Joseph did, but we can all have our own personal "pillar of light".  The prophet Moroni tells us:

  3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how amerciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and bponder it in your chearts.

  4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would aask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not btrue; and if ye shall ask with a csincere heart, with dreal intent, having efaith in Christ, he will fmanifest the gtruth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. (Moroni 10:3-5 (http://scriptures.lds.org/en/moro/10)).

This is a promise, that if we ask God, He will give us an answer.  Whatever question's we may have in our hearts can and will be answered.  The Lord will bring light into our hearts and minds as we diligently seek Him out.  But, to get a SPECIFIC answer, we must ask a SPECIFIC question.  The Bible dictionary states "The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them".  The last part is what sticks out to me.  "....conditional on our asking for them".  Joseph Smith asked a specific question, and got a specific answer.  If you aren't asking specific questions, start.  Let the Lord show you your own "Pillar of Light".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...