Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Love Nature!

If you are familiar with missionaries at all, you know pday (preparation day) is the day we get to do the "normal-ish" things.  We do our usual studies and then clean, do laundry, shopping, email our families, and clean our car.  If we accomplish all of that and still have time left, we can do some recreational activities.  Usually this is either sports, hiking, site seeing, or (for the wimps ;p) a nap.  This week my companion and I decided to go to Sequoia park.
Our adventures began with the playground and then off to the woods.  I kid you not, if an Ewok jumped out at me, it would not have been a surprise.  Or a giant T-Rex.  Of course we had to pull out our light sabers and have a battle, but I digress.  The trees were amazing!  The pure beauty of the nature around us was astounding!  I haven't seen anything like it on my mission.  We are blessed.
Seeing this gorgeous scene made me think about all of the other wonderful things we get to enjoy on this earth.  "1...yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."  There is so much beauty around us that our loving Father in Heaven has given to us for our benefit.  To allow us to be happy and enjoy our time here upon the earth.  These things not only are for our enjoyment, but they help us to recognize that He is there.  He is the almighty, all powerful God.  I am so grateful for all the beauty He has given us and for Him. 

2 comments:

Brian said...

I love that park. And I also love the lesson I learned a billion times in Eureka. It is such a wonderful place and the nature around there really does denote there is a God time and time again! I miss that park by the way... Good times.

Sister Brook Kenemore said...

I feel so blessed to be able to serve in the most beautiful mission in the WORLD! and how like you said, we get to feel how amazing God truly is day after day after day, just by watching nature! I love being out doors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...