Ads 468x60px

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life of a Sister Missionary part 8: Feed His Sheep

At 10 a.m. we head out.  But, before we leave the house, we say a prayer.  Then, we leave the house and begin sharing the Gospel.  As missionaries, we go out into the world to share the gospel with everyone.  Young or old, male or female, black, white, or purple, we are called to share the gospel to all the world.  We invite everyone to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.  That is our purpose.  Everything we do is centered around that purpose. 
Throughout the day we do various things that help us fulfill our purpose such as tracting, proselyting on the street, visiting referrals, and teaching.  It is exhausting work sometimes (or all the time), but it is the most rewarding thing in the world!  Seeing the change in a person's heart as they hear the message of the restored Gospel is one of the greatest experiences I have ever had.  It is very humbling to go out each day wearing the name of Christ on my chest.  To be a representative of Him.  We serve the Lord and find His sheep that are searching for truth.  John 21:17 "He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, aFeed my bsheep."  I love my Savior.  That is why I go out each day.  Rain or shine, tired or wired, we serve Him.

1 comment:

Brian said...

This is my favorite part of the day as a missionary. I love being able to talk to people and spread Christ's love to all of our Brothers and Sisters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...