Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 21, 2011

Down by 1


Elder Trevor Nestman, Elder Christopher Nestman, Sister Nestman

For those faithful followers of my blog, you are aware that I have 2 brothers out serving missions as well.  Major blessing for my family!  But, that can only last so long.  My brother, Elder Christopher Nestman, sent his last email as a missionary today.  He will be headed home in less than 2 weeks.  He shared some words of wisdom with the rest of us in his email that I would like to share.
"So as my last e-mail to my sister and brother while I'm a missionary I just want to say that being a missionary is the most amazing experience you can ever have.  It really is a chance for you to let the Lord work on you and improve you more than any other time in your life.  While we're teaching our investigators we really are the Lords investigators.  Be humble and let Him change you.  When the two of you really let that happen, that's when you're mission becomes a life changing experience and you become a better you." 
I love when he says "we are the Lord's investigators."  We are always learning from Him.  He is the ultimate teacher and one that can guide us to where we need to be.  Too often we lose sight of that.  Forget who really is the teacher in this life.  We are all investigators.  Each of us is learning daily how to become better then we are today.  Each day we have a higher 100% we can reach.  Become a better you.  Be humble and let Him change you.

5 comments:

Allie Marie said...

Wow, you can tell in that paragraph that he has grown so much over the past two years. How exciting! I know that you and Trevor are growing just as much. You Nestmans have always found your way into my prayers. Your family is amazing. Your parents raised you kids right! :)

Trey Williams said...

Man, I hope I'm a progressing investigator. :P

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! I had 3 brothers out on missions at the same time and I know it was because of their service, our family was extremely blessed.

Sister B. D. Gorder said...

True.. we are all investigators.. I to hope that I am a progressing one!!

Sister Brook Kenemore said...

YES! i love being the investigator!! haha one thing I love about being the missionary though is that we have the opportunity to LIFT our investigators to where we are at! such a great experiance we have as being the the lords helpers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...