Ads 468x60px

Saturday, February 5, 2011

You are not Alone

There are moments in life that make you think.  Make you take a step back and wonder what it is that really matters.  Today, I met someone and had one of these moments.  We walked up and the first thing they said was "I don't recognize you, but come on in and let me show you my garden."  It is people like this that just make a missionaries day.  Those with a warm heart and a kind smile.  After seeing the garden and the yard we went inside to talk.  Conversation began with the usual "what's your name, where are you from, how long have you been a missionary" type questions.  Then, we started to learn more about her.  After a little we learned that the past few years had been extremely lonely.  She had been divorced, children had little contact, and she really had no one around.  My heart hurt for her.  Feeling lonely is not how anyone should feel.  
How many people are there out there that feel this way?  That need to feel love in their life?  Need to have someone there that cares?   While reading in Matthew chapter 12 the other day, the last few verses really stuck out.

48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my amother and my brethren!

 50For whosoever shall do the awill of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my bbrother, and sister, and mother.
Christ loves everyone perfectly and equally.  No one is placed above another.  He loved the stranger on the street the same as He loved His own mother.  His love is there for every one of us.  You are not alone.  He is there!
This is why I am here.  To help others to learn of His love and be enfolded in it.  It is one of the greatest gifts we could ever have and is given freely to all.  I love my Savior and know that He loves me and each of you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...