Ads 468x60px

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Q&A

Hello Sister Nestman!  I got to go to Utah last weekend, and I saw one of my missionaries, who has now returned home. I was telling him that you have 2 brothers who are on missions too! I told him that your Mom must be missing her kids sooooo much! All three are gone at the same time! You know what he said? He just smiled... and said, "she must be soooo blessed!"
I just love missionaries and their families so much for what they are doing and sacrificing. It would make me so happy to hear how your Mom has been blessed. So, if you know... would you please tell me? Thanks!
After I was asked this question, I shot a message off to my mom asking her what her thoughts were.  This is her response:
Well here's the deal.  As parents we are charged with the calling to raise you up in the ways of the Lord.  The church teaches us that raising our kids and teaching them about Christ, our Heavenly Father, and the gospel, is our number one priority.  We made a commitment before coming to earth to do this. Your dad and I take that very very seriously.  So we have tried to raise you as the Lord would have us and then the rest comes down to free agency.  All three of you have it and you chose to spread the message of families can be together forever through the Church of Jesus Christ.  All we did was try to do all the Lord asked of us in teaching you and trying to be good examples and you three made your own choices.  Our joy is knowing you are building the kingdom of God.  That's our greatest blessing and joy.
I love my mom and the testimony she has.  She is my hero!  When I grow up, I want to be just like her.  She knows what the Lord expects of her and works daily to do it.  All of us could take a page from my her book and just do what we should.  Thanks mom.

1 comment:

Marj Bragg said...

As Sister Brittany Nestman's Grammie I can testify that her Mom and Dad are the best. If all of us could copy their example in the strong belief in this true church many families would be happier. This is a family that will be together for all time and eternity. I am so honored to be the Mom of Sister Brittany Nestman's Mom and the Grandmother to Sister Nestman - You go ladies you are on the right, and only, track to a wonderful life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...