Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bad Day

Ever heard the saying "life sucks and then you die" before?  Well, I absolutely hate it!  What a depressing thing to say.  I have been talking to a missionary in my zone today about a rough day he had this week.  The day began with a spider bite, never pleasant at all.  Then, he was hit in the leg with a frisbee.  It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but it just so happened to hit his bad leg (the one he had surgery on as a child) and the frisbee was just shy of reaching mach-1 (slight exaggeration).  If that wasn't painful enough, he then was hit in the face by a less then careful Elder throwing his arms around in frustration at a game.  At this current point, the injured elder has a very hurt nose and one sore leg.  Think that has gotten him down?  Think again.  He is as happy and cheerful as ever.  Smiling hurts, but he still does it. 

Each of us has trials and struggles in life.  Sometimes we feel as if a frisbee has hit us in the leg and hindered us from continuing on.  Sometimes, we feel beat down.  Happiness just doesn't seem like something we can attain.  What can help keep us be happy and chipper during these times?  Peter Pan put it perfectly when he said "You think of a wonderful thought."  Yes, "any happy little thought."  Optimism has been a consistent goal throughout my  mission.  Times aren't always easy and being happy just doesn't seem to fit in the picture.  But, anytime I get down or start to be negative, I think of something positive.  Something that will lift my spirits, make me smile, make me laugh, or do all of them at once (I prefer that option).  It always works.  There is always something to be happy about!  You may have to dig deep sometimes, but you will always find something joyful.

5 comments:

Brian said...

I found that when you exude happiness, you attract greatness! Being positive is contageous, so spread it as best as you can!

Caitlin said...

I just love and admire your positive attitude. Optimism is kind of a goal of my life... and some days are, yes, better than others...

Sister Brook Kenemore said...

I found that if we try to look at the positive in everything it makes the world seem like a better place! and also helps you to be an example to the people around you!

Sister Reshell Lewis said...

That is so true! I love it:)

Sister B. D. Gorder said...

Yes indeed love this!!! We always have something to be happy or smile about.. Thanx for showing me that! you started off my mission so positively and it continues to work for that positivity!! thanx so much!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...